WG 1.1 – Prospects from cooperation – Terms of Reference
Scope and Objectives
The aim of this working group is to set up a portrait of the situation in the cooperation process between the different stakeholders and raise the main factors that will help to set up a sustainable content strategy for online publication of digitized object for cultural heritage.
TA6 will, together with WG 6.3 will analyses the state of the art in cooperation for publication of digital objects. It will elaborate on the potential for (automatic) contextualization in a cooperative environment.
- Analyzing the state of the art in cooperation for the publication of digitized objects.
- Collecting cases in cooperate publishing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses that each case demonstrates.
- Elaborating the potential of automatic contextualization and linked data in Cooperative environment.
To achieve this, the group will assess the following topics:
- Online platforms for cultural heritage
- Workflow of the publication of digitized object
- Identification of the different stakeholder and tasks
- Description of the cooperation
- The prospects in the field of the online publication of digitized object
The outcome of this work will include:
- A state of the art examples of online cultural heritage platform.
- Examples of best practices in standardization and automatic contextualization process.
- Publication of the best cases in the ViMM platform.
Working Group members:
Rui Antones, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon
Yacine Benmansour – University of applied Sciences Western Switzerland
Dimitris Protopsaltou – Stavros Niarchos foundation cultural center, Greece
Victor – Jan Vos, head of programme & policy- (Europeana)
Prof. Manolis Wallace, University of the Peloponnese
Prof. Martha Vassiliadi, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki