WG 6.2 – Handling 3D-data and metadata of the digitised entities – Terms of Reference
Scope and Objectives
TA6 will, together with WG 6.2 analyse data handling in two ways: 1) data handling of 3D data in general; 2) interlinking between the 3D-data and Metadata describing the digitised entities. To gain a deeper understanding, TA6 will work on a descriptive list of characteristics of 3D-data to identify peculiarities.
This list might have the following columns: Name of characteristic (e.g. size, environment,) / Applied to 3D in general (e.g. description of size, description if/what environment is generally needed). This list will be published in the ViMM-platform. TA6 (with WG 6.2) will also analyse the possible ways for getting metadata for the 3D objects grouped with metadata for the digitised objects (e.g. is there a container-metadata-format or has a database to be used or …). This analysis will be published in the ViMM-platform.
WG6.2 has the following scope and objectives:
- To create an overview of available tools and technologies surrounding 3D data handling and metadata that are, can or should be used by CH.
To achieve this, we will create and assess (items on) a list concerning five topics. These are:
- Data provenance (Museums, society, association)
- Format (computer format, translations, conversion)
- Storage (databases, centralization, modularity, cloud-based)
- Architecture of data (hierarchical, tabular)
- Technologies (software programming languages, hardware, etc.)
The outcome of this work will include:
A vast list of best practices and state of the art examples of structure, architecture, formats, user interaction and technologies used in 3D metadata handling. It will include an analysis of said practices and examples too.
Working Group members:
Michael Freundt, Dachverband Tanz Deutschland
Antonella Fresa, Digital Meets Culture