WG 1.1 – Prospects from cooperation – Terms of Reference
Scope and Objectives
The aim of this working group was o set up a portrait of the situation in the cooperation process between the different stakeholders and raise the main factors that will help to set up a sustainable content strategy for online publication of digitized object for cultural heritage.
TA6, together with WG 6.3 analysed the state of the art in cooperation for publication of digital objects. It elaborated on the potential for (automatic) contextualization in a cooperative environment.
- Analyzing the state of the art in cooperation for the publication of digitized objects.
- Collecting cases in cooperate publishing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses that each case demonstrates.
- Elaborating the potential of automatic contextualization and linked data in Cooperative environment.
To achieve this, the group assessed the following topics:
- Online platforms for cultural heritage
- Workflow of the publication of digitized object
- Identification of the different stakeholder and tasks
- Description of the cooperation
- The prospects in the field of the online publication of digitized object
The outcome of this work will include:
- A state of the art examples of online cultural heritage platform.
- Examples of best practices in standardization and automatic contextualization process.
- Publication of the best cases in the ViMM platform.
Working Group members:
Professor Manolis Wallace / University of Peloponnese, Greece
Dr Dimitris Protopsaltou / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, Greece
Victor – Van Jos / Europeana, Netherlands
Professor George Papagiannakis / University of Crete / FORTH, Greece
Professor Martha Vassiliadi / Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Gabriele Monti / University of Milan