AN ACTION FOR VIRTUAL MUSEUMS
Virtual Multimodal Museum (ViMM) is a high-visibility and participative Coordination and Support Action (CSA), funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme (CULT-COOP-8-2016).
ViMM brings together Europe and the world’s leading public and private sector organisations working on Virtual Museums and in the wider sector of Digital Cultural Heritage, to support high quality policy development, decision making and the use of technical advances. The partner consortium (see below) is supported by an expert Advisory Group in building the ViMM Framework, involving decision-makers and expert practitioners in defining and resolving issues spread across 7 interlinked Thematic Areas (‘the 7 Ds’): Definitions – Directions – Documentation – Dimensions -Demand – Discovery – Decisions
Major results will include:
• A highly interactive and wide-reaching ViMM communication Platform which:
• enables focused contributions and Working Group discussion by everyone interested
• provides access to innovations, cases of excellence and decision-support
• Key events at policy and practitioner/ stakeholder levels and extensive use of social media
• A clearer, evidence-based view of the impact of Virtual Museums and Digital Cultural Heritage on society and the economy
• A Manifesto and Roadmap for Action to be validated at the final ViMM international conference in 2019.
List of consortium partners:
• CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY Cyprus – Coordinator
• FOUNDATION FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS Greece
• 7REASONS MEDIEN GMBH Austria
• UNIVERSITE DE GENEVE Switzerland
• STIFTUNG PREUSSISCHER KULTURBESITZ Germany
•UNIVERSIDAD POMPEU FABRA Spain
Join us as a member of the ViMM community:
As a member of the ViMM community of experts and stakeholders, you can contribute to this Platform by:
- Registering on the site, through a simple procedure which enables you to login.
- Posting news, events, examples of best practice, innovation and uses of technology to the Platform.
- Joining or contributing to the discussion onone or more of ViMM’s 21 Working Groups
You can also follow us and contribute via social media.