The Demand TA will address ways in which VM can support the economic and social development of the CH sector by capitalizing on developments such as the multiplier effect of use of digital cultural resources in many fields, such as tourism, education, urban and environmental planning and development and revalorization.
TA5, together with WG 5.2 will analyze the potential added value of Virtual Multimodal Museums. It will create a list of examples showing what the added value is and where it comes from. This list will have rows like: Name (of example) / Short description / Keyword for added value (e.g. financial gains, educational gains, real estate gains, intangible gains such as identity formation and branding …) / Source. The examples will be published in the VIMM-platform.
Scope and Objectives
- Define new models for multi-stakeholder governance (based on map of stakeholders and defining workflows).
- Define a set of strategies to mobilize funding and incentivize economic feedback/growth (e.g. advertisement, branding, etc.).
- Define a set of strategies for socioeconomic impact regarding: relevance, accessibility, authenticity, participation (in construction of CH) and enrolment (of new audiences).
- Define sustainability strategies and effective operational structures
- New models of governance (e.g. take example of other fields, such as gaming industries).
- Ensuring affordability and sustainability (e.g. mitigated decline vs endless growth, ).
- Mobilizing funding (e.g. ERDF).
- Incentivizing economic feedback/growth (e.g. from industries) by means of strategies such as advertisement, branding, etc.
- Fostering social impact (e.g. museums, citizens) by means of engagement strategies regarding: relevance, accessibility, authenticity, participation (in construction of CH) and enrolment (of new audiences).
- Operational requirements and structures, sustainable business planning,
- Digital resources accumulation, multi-use and recycling
- Inter-sectorial communication and modularity
- New models for multi-stakeholder governance (based on map of stakeholders and defining workflows).
- A step-by-step design and management process, including recommendations, for virtual multimodal museums
After intense presential and online debate between experts, the outputs of WG5.2 are available here.
|Blair Parkin (Chair)|
|Josep M. Rueda|