Scope and Objectives
ViMM Working Group 3.2 focussed the following aspects:
Starting from an existing metadata element set (CIDOC-CRMdig, LIDO) and relating to the standards identified by ViMM Thematic Area 1, WG 3.2 experts analysed the applicability of these sets for the documentation of 3D objects. Relevant metadata elements were be identified. Metadata elements that might be missing for an accurate documentation were listed as recommendable.
The DEMES metadata element set, a standard developed for describing digital exhibitions, served as a starting point for the analysis of metadata for the documentation of virtual and digital exhibitions. WG experts examined this metadata element set (DEMES and if available other sets) with regard to its suitability for documentation of digital and virtual exhibitions. It was inquired whether further metadata elements were necessary for a comprehensive documentation. In the frame of this WG, digital and virtual exhibitions were analyzed; in a second step, metadata elements collected by experts were discussed.
WG 3.2 also tried to identify examples of citizen science projects that help improve the documentation of virtual cultural heritage in general and digital and virtual exhibitions specifically. Definitions provided by Thematic Area 1 (WG 1.2) were considered as a basis for the analysis undertaken in this WG (e.g. definition of ‘virtual exhibition’ versus ‘digital exhibition’ etc.). The findings of this WG were shared with ViMM WG 1.2 regularly. Cross-WG collaboration took place throughout the lifetime of the WG. SPK made available the outputs of WG 3.2 on the ViMM platform.
- Identify metadata elements which describe single elements, objects, entities and actions of a Virtual Museum.
- Analyse the metadata using DEMES metadata element.
- Give a list of examples to further improve the documentation of virtual cultural heritage.
- A list of metadata elements for the documentation of 3D objects.
- A list of metadata elements for the documentation of virtual exhibitions.
- A list of citizen science project relevant for the documentation of virtual cultural heritage.
Working Group members:
- Giuliana de Francesco, MIBACT, Italy
- Gordon McKenna, CT, GB
- Goran Zlodi, Croatia
- Gabriel Moore Forell Bevilacqua, Brazil
- Christoph Forster, VAM-SMB, Germany
- Alexander Hennig, VAM-SMB, Germany
- Thomas Reuter, Archaeological Heritage Office Saxony, Germany
- Florian Innerhofer, Archaeological Heritage Office Saxony, Germany
- Werner Schweibenz, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Sanja Halling, Riksarikvet, Sweden
- David Juanes Barber, IVCE, Spain
- Spathis Panagiotis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- José Luís Lerma García, UPV, Spain
- Corinne Szteinsznaider, Michael Culture Aisbl, France
- Eunhwa Kim, Heritage Digital Archive Center, Korea
- Chen Yang, Tongji University of Shanghai, China
- Martina Trognitz,ÖAW, Austria
- Jaroslav Valach, ITAM, Czech Republic
- Herdis Kley, SMB-PK, Germany
- Frank von Hagel, SMB-PK, Germany
- Stefan Rohde-Enslin, SMB-PK, Germany
- Arlene Peukert, SMB-PK, Germany