Scope and Objectives
This Working Group of ViMM will work on a typology of virtual entities (e.g. virtual exhibition/ digital exhibition, virtual visitor, hologram, virtual reconstructions, 3D object, etc.). This typology will result in a set of definitions outlining the differences of virtual entities. (As Working Group 1.2 is working on relating standards (of which the virtual entities analysed in this WG are part of), cross-project collaboration is absolutely necessary.)
WG 3.1 will collect and analyse types of virtual entities. Discussion sessions will help to develop descriptive definitions for these types of virtual entities. Desk research and online research on virtual cultural heritage are of high importance during this phase of the process. In collaboration with TA1 concepts and definitions will be cross-checked.
WG 3.1 will produce agreed-upon concepts and definitions for the relevant virtual entities identified. If necessary, the types of virtual entities and their specific definitions will be grouped according to areas of application. All findings will undergo a final evaluation process. Experts of the field will have a concluding discussion session, in order to produce refined results. All outputs of the WG will be made available on the ViMM platform on regular intervals.
- Define groups of virtual entities according to the topic of application.
- Analyse and describe types of virtual entities.
A set of definitions on types of virtual entities (in accordance with outputs of ViMM Thematic Area 1) for publication on the ViMM platform
Working Group members:
- Wietske van den Heuvel, DEN, The Netherlands
- Krisztian Fonyodi, Szepmüveszeti Muzeum, Hungary
- Maria Teresa Natale, MCA, Italy
- Maria Sliwinska, University of Torun, Poland
- Trilce Navarrete, University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Cristian Ciurea, Academy of Economic Studies, Romania
- Thomas Bremer, HTW-Berlin, Germany
- Stefan Rohde-Enslin, SMB-PK, Germany
- Arlene Peukert, SMB-PK, Germany