Working Group 7.1, Long-Term Life Cycle, Policy Making
Scope and Objectives
Sustainability of the content provided will go hand in hand with the further technological developments and their constant updates. This approach demands further investments and upkeep which must be manifested in the policy making in both a financial and an ideological sense.
- Policy -making Pathway, for the development of VMs
- Statistical evaluation of the platform and its content
- Cost efficiency in production pipelines of VMs
- Curatorial and scientific concept creation
- Results of the research about the potential of social media and crowdsourcing published on the VIMM-Platform will show the possibilities for disseminating and financing VMs.
- Analyze and monitor the attractiveness of existing content through statistic reports and direct feedback of visitors (replies, chats and public rating)
- Policy -making pathway for local, regional and European decision makers enhancing the development and expansion of virtual museums.
- Workflow optimization for the creation VMs to reduce costs and allow an effective curatorial and scientific concept creation.
Working Group members:
Florian Prix, CAT-X Conceptual Art Technologies
Iris Ott, Museum of Natural History Vienna
Marion Grossmann, Archäologischer Park Carnuntum
Joaquim Carvalho, Fundacao Cidade de Ammaia
Katharina Knoll, Bogner -Knoll