The Demand TA will address ways in which VM can support the economic and social development of the CH sector by capitalizing on developments such as the multiplier effect of use of digital cultural resources in many fields, such as tourism, education, urban and environmental planning and development and revalorization.
TA5, together with WG 5.3, will conduct an analysis of the economic conditions and sustainability for Virtual Multimodal Museums. This will contain a closer look into the prerequisites (investment, market, stakeholders, know-how, operation costs and operational structures …) for Virtual Multimodal Museums (who can afford them? How we can set up mixed operational structures among stakeholders such as tourism industry, cultural institutions, non for profit organizations, public and local authorities), as well a look into the market potential (what are the competitors: games, movies, social media, and a respective SWOT analysis …). The work will result in a number of small case studies from various places in Europe and abroad, to be published on the ViMM-platform and a respective summarizing SWOT analysis.
Scope and Objectives
- Define tools/benchmarks/indicators of: economic growth/activity, improvement in knowledge/education, citizen engagement (+other outcomes?).
- Define strategies to ensure affordability and sustainability (e.g. mitigated decline vs endless growth)
- Define strategies for social impact regarding: relevance, accessibility, authenticity, participation (in construction of CH) and enrolment (of new audiences)
- Goals and added value of Cultural Heritage through Virtual Multimodal Museums
- Identify tools/benchmarks/indicators of:
- economic growth/activity,
- improvement in knowledge/education,
- citizen engagement,
- performance of structures and policies to increase multiplier impact in local economies and relevant returns to the cultural organizations,
- numbers of visitors
- A set of Methodologies / KPI / tools for assessment of economic growth/activity, improvement in knowledge/education, citizen engagement (+unexpected outcomes related to social and economic return on investment).