1.Scope and Objectives
The way in which the content of a museum is presented is a factor that needs much attention. There are various ways to present an exhibition but which one is more suitable considering the medium in which it is presented? A storytelling experience using VR/AR technology may have some potential to consolidate basic ideas and thoughts when integrated into a VM. The storytelling experience can balance between interaction and educational content.
WG4.1 has the following scope and objectives:
- Compare how the storytelling experience differs in VR and AR
- Provide a state of the art of storytelling methods and how each method affects learning, user experience and immersion
- Propose efficient illumination algorithms for realistic rendering of deformable Virtual narrators
- Analyze the definition of Interactive Storytelling in VR and AR
To achieve this, we will create and asses a list concerning the following topics:
- VR/AR storytelling
- Interactive storytelling (adaptive change of of characters’ behavior base on visitors’ inputs)
- Real-time illumination
The outcome of this work will include:
A vast list of VR/AR Storytelling techniques that will be published on the ViMM-platform. These techniques will focus on AR and VR. Another important aspect that will provide a state of the art and will be published on the ViMM-platform is algorithms for real-time illumination for deformable characters.